Tuesday, September 26, 2006

To my fellow teammates, the JV Boys Team


I am very glad I’ve stayed in the wonderful team, the JV Boys team. It’s been an awesome opportunity to be in that team. The first wonderful team I have seen is the USA Dream Team of 1990 who participated in the Olympics. That team consists of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird, Karl Malone, Magic Johnson, Karl Malone, David Robinson, John Stockton, and etc.



Now, it feels like the I am in the Dream Team of PhP programmers in Focus Interactive Outsourcing Corporation, consisting of Marvin Sanchez, Mark Vincent Verallo, Romel Khu, Miko Suria, Alfred Sanchez, and me, as the waterboy of the team (hehe); but modesty aside, I have made some useful scripts for the project. Everybody in the team had a significant role—it was all for one, one for all.



I’ve started with nothing in the team. With the help of a friend by the name of Mr. Ed Vincent Bonjoc (Simple and Humble/ A Good Friend), I was introduced into the team. During that time, when I applied as a temporary PhP programmer in the prestigious and fast-growing company that is Focus, I would rate my knowledge in PhP as 2/10. The days had passed, and the tasks given to me became harder and harder each day. In a team, you are not prohibited to ask. I am very glad because they never hesitated to answer me. There were no insecurities and greediness. In the team, we respect one another. All of us were leaders. We shared ideas, techniques, suggestions, and confronted problems with respect to one another’s tasks.



Now, at this time, I can rate myself as 7/10 in PhP programming. I am very thankful to the whole team, the JV Boys team, as well as the Focus Interactive Outsourcing team. This is the only gift that they can’t take away from me.



Just like a song that has verse, chorus, refrain, coda, and fade, so is my stay with the JV Boys. I was introduced into the team, molded by the team, played with the team, and ended with them. They JV Boys team has ended, and I am sad. There are still some teams who will be very glad and are expecting something from the expertise of each member.



The JV Boys team is now history. To the JV Boys, God bless. Now, there are only two of us left in the team. Yet I will always remember the knowledge you guys have taught me. JV Boys, I will still hold the memories of you guys—online or offline, connected or disconnected. I may be the Forgetful Alan, but I will never forget being in the dream team, the JV Boys team. Thank you, team, thank you.



Goodbye to the team, and welcome to the new opportunities of each member, who are now separated to build a new generation of the JV Boys team.

6 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger m4rvin said...

my main man (maintenance man) alan,
i am proud to have worked with you too. i have seen the meteoric improvement in your programming skills.
always remember the most important lesson the team has taught you. the lesson of the letter 'P'.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Lemski said...

Alan's such a deep (char!) good man, and like Master (heheh) I'm proud of you too. Never underestimate yourself lagi. You're far worth than you think you are.

Jsmoooth, what's P? Programming? heheh

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger m4rvin said...

lemski, P is for ... ask nalang Ian

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Creative Times said...

Alan, lingaw kaayo ko sa imong post bai. Kani lagi pobre ta sige ta work hantod karong orasa kapoy baya pro pagbasa nako sa imo post abot sa dunggan ako ngise.

At first, wa man ko mag-mind ani nga post and yet it seems nga daghan man nalingaw. So mao to (good wa ko kalimot like nimo) nasaag ko dinhi.

Pero Lan, pagtuon maayo aron tudloan pud ko nimo oi!. Dako kaayo ka natabang sa team (imong dream team).

God bless you Lan. Godspeed.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger ijbiz said...

Simply Alani!

A multi lingual man (mag cge ug latin)
the chicks killer but most of all the "P" of the JV boys. hehehehe...

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Lemski said...

Six comments! Way to go Alani! Write some more pa. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home